Originally Posted by Coiloil37
[/quote]Tubb says the neck tension on a loaded case will change. I believe he said 3 months, but I haven't found it in either of his books, maybe he said it in one of his videos.

It’s possible he saw that, I wasn’t there. In my lifetime I’ve never seen it and I’ve got stuff I loaded over 20 years ago. It’s shoots the same today as it did then.

I have at least 500 loaded for each of my hunting rifles and if I’m topping up a load I’ll do a minimum of 150 at a time. I have a couple thousand rounds of hunting ammo in the safe. Varmint rifles I’ll triple that number. A typical spring/summer sees me shooting 10k plus rounds in the gopher patch.

Now that I’ve read this thread, I know why guys are complaining about running out of components and talking about how hard they are to find. I could see out my life and my boys lives on the ammo and components I have stocked up.[/quote]I'm pretty sure when David noticed the neck tension change on his ammo, it was in one of his rifles that was chambered with tighter tolerances than a factory rifle would be. If one was worried about the tension changing on their case but wanted to load up more than they were going to shoot, they could load up the excess longer than they normally would then reseat them when they wanted to shoot them. Especially if the barrel is showing some wear and if they are chasing the lands.

Last edited by Jim270; 06/29/22.