Jim,

I generally don't load that many rounds of big game ammo because of what I do--which involves trying a bunch of different bullets from a bunch of different rifles and cartridges. If I have most of my brass tied up in one load, then there's no flexibility in trying something else. Hence having enough of on hand for that year, and maybe the next. But I can assure you I have hundreds of rounds of big game ammo on hand, in several dozen cartridges.

Also generally keep tens of thousands of rounds of varmint ammo on hand, due to shooting plenty of ground squirrels and prairie dogs. But for ground squirrels only keep a limited amount of handloads on hand--say 3000--because I long ago changed over to the .17 Hornady Rimfire Magnum for 95% of my "gopher" shooting--and when I did stocked up on sale-priced ammo whenever and wherever it appeared. Which is why I have a lifetime supply, all purchased for about the price most .22 Long Rifle high-velocity hollow-point ammo is going for these days--or even less.

But congratulations on your supply....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck