I started reloading about 30 years ago for my Savage 110 in 270 and maybe my dad's Rem 700 in the same. I think I loaded about 3 boxes and lasted me the next 10 or 12 years. By then I was loading for around 20 more cartridges. I had decided to try some of the Barnes ttsx 130gn and work up a load for both of our 270's. After finally getting one together and shooting it in his rifle and mine I think I loaded up about 300 of those. Probably the most I've loaded up for a hunting rifle at one time. I thought we would never use those up then about 5 years later he told me just before deer season one year he needed some more of them! I thought where the heck did 150 rounds go when I knew he'd only killed 8 or 10 deer in that time. He then told me it takes 20 or so to get his scope on every year! Lol, I just about cried over all those expensive bullets! I took his rifle apart, cleaned it good including the trigger which was full of junk and decoppered the barrel really good and it was all much better then.

Dad passed away in 2019, he had open heart surgery and then pancreatic cancer immediately after he got healed up from the heart surgery. Haven't gotten to hunt much last 6 or 7 years. But I had bought a stock and trigger for that 270 of his while he was still down from the heart surgery. He never got to shoot it after I had gotten it stuck back together. I'm hoping to pop a few meat deer with it this year. Still have a 100 or so of those Barnes ttsx I had loaded up to shoot in it. I just hope it doesn't take them all to get it straightened out and the scope back on target.