Originally Posted by Ralphie
Hate to see anyone bear attacked, even a touron from NY. It is open country but that doesn’t mean you can’t get close to a bear without knowing it. Even without being stupid. I’m sure all of us would have done much better. Maybe he was not as observant as he should’ve been. Maybe he did nothing wrong but go for a hike.

My house has enough moths in it to feed 3 large grizzlies for a week. It must be a good moth year. Hope to hell the bears don’t find out about all the moths trapped in here.

From the look of the tracks in the snow it was a good sized bear and any big boar has been hunting and killing elk calves all spring.

That bear might have seen him from a distance and charged thinking he was normal food until contact.

I had friends get charged from over 100yds and kill the bear @ 20yds.

With the wind in that area bear spray would be pretty useless most of the time and, as you know, there are no trees to climb. On the ground without a gun he would have been at the mercy of a grizzlies mood.

Caught this one on the Jack Creek road below 4 Bear oilfield.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

This is not far from the attack for those that don't know the area like Ralphie.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.