I was just up in East Glacier back country fishing. Talked to a few of the rangers regarding the grizzly pops now in Montana Idaho and Wy in nationals parks. They say I was carrying and we had a conversation. Supposedly much more lax with shooting bears now . Cant confirm just interesting convo. They were granola types but you could they weren't happy working in the park with more bears in their work areas

Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Y33611
I looked on the ‘fire to get more info on the recent bear attack since there wasn’t much in the news yet about the guys recovery and the details. Didn’t expect to step into such a sh-storm but Ill just say you have way too many bears out there. It’s not safe at all to go hiking by yourself within 100 miles of Jellystone Park in my opinion and those who camp/hike/fish in the park (where firearms aren’t generally permitted I gather) that’s REAL crazy. I’m not sure the managers aren’t guilty of reckless endangerment to even permit it, regardless of signage. I know I wouldn’t get a wink of sleep in a tent at a park campground there and it seems like willful ignorance that people do it. Don’t know about the non-predatory ruling on this one but if I were an apex predator eating moths, I’d go for the larger piece of meat walking towards me every time. Shouldn’t joke about a seriously injured man but come on!... you’ve got to be more careful than that!

Firearms are now allowed in Yellowstone & Glacier N.P. it's the discharging them that's illegal as hell.... especially into "their" critters, doesn't matter if it's chewing on you!

I'd be surprised if this were true. Has anyone been prosecuted under these circumstances?

Ok guys maybe I was exaggerating.. a bit. But as comrad Burns pointed out, you better have a damn good case for discharging your firearm into one of their bears