Originally Posted by drano 25
I’ve shot exactly one CA. It was the carbon fiber barreled, titanium action model in 300 Win Mag. I shot 3 different Federal Premium factory loads and one of the Hornady ELDX factory loads, don’t remember which ones. A couple of the groups were 1.75” at 100 yards, the rest were 2”-3” groups. The owner said he had tried a few other factory loads in addition to those with similar results.
He contacted CA and sent it in, at their request. He has it bac after repair, but last I heard he has not shot it yet.

I tend to agree with BSA here, it is spec’d and priced as a premium rifle. Duds should be very few and far between.

One of my buddies with a real nice 7mm rem mag is having the same issues and he only shoots 3 shot groups. He's pulled most of his hair out messing with the rifle. He's even brought his fancy chrono out and getting the sd's and es down low. What really pisses him off is the rifle he "bought for his wife", a Tikka 270 winchester shoots better. Not just marginally better, but much better. I don't really like to bad mouth a product, just relaying what I've personally seen and experienced with some CA rifles. I saw the same thing with a 300wm, but that was back in 2009. I would have hoped they had gotten better since then. Enough of my rant. I am hoping JG bought Nathanials rifle and it drives tacks. They sure are pretty too. The one I had in my hands was exactly like it and I damn near bought it. It was so nice, the guy working there said he was going to buy it. The shop owner wanted to trade it for my AR10, but I figured I'd sell the Armalite at a different shop. Last offer I received was $300.00 more than I paid for it, so I may also decide I need that Tikka in 6.5 PRC... but with more money in my pocket after selling the AR10..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA