Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Originally Posted by drano 25
I’ve shot exactly one CA. It was the carbon fiber barreled, titanium action model in 300 Win Mag. I shot 3 different Federal Premium factory loads and one of the Hornady ELDX factory loads, don’t remember which ones. A couple of the groups were 1.75” at 100 yards, the rest were 2”-3” groups. The owner said he had tried a few other factory loads in addition to those with similar results.
He contacted CA and sent it in, at their request. He has it bac after repair, but last I heard he has not shot it yet.

I tend to agree with BSA here, it is spec’d and priced as a premium rifle. Duds should be very few and far between.

I agree with you and BSA on CA supposed to be a premium rifle and should perform as such. The one I just purchased is slightly used and is a proven shooter. I only know 1 person (personally) that owns one (ridgeline) in 308 and he loves it. I have read a few negatives online about some of the CA rifles but nothing enough to make me swear them off forever. I currently own 4 Tikkas and they are all shooters. I have been waiting for a few years now for Tikka to produce the 6.5PRC in their T3X super lite but that does not seem to be happening. If they did, I would own one. Several years ago I did get a Tikka in 300wsm that didn't shoot up to what I consider Tikka's norm. Not terrible though.

I wanted something different and had been eyeing the Ridgeline rifles for a few years now and finally pulled the trigger on one. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.
I'm hoping your new ridgeline shoots like my buddies 6.5. His did very well with factory ammo during the recent break in we did with it. Good luck with it. Let us know how it works out for you, if you don't mind. Thanks

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA