Originally Posted by drano 25
I’ve shot exactly one CA. It was the carbon fiber barreled, titanium action model in 300 Win Mag. I shot 3 different Federal Premium factory loads and one of the Hornady ELDX factory loads, don’t remember which ones. A couple of the groups were 1.75” at 100 yards, the rest were 2”-3” groups. The owner said he had tried a few other factory loads in addition to those with similar results.
He contacted CA and sent it in, at their request. He has it bac after repair, but last I heard he has not shot it yet.

I tend to agree with BSA here, it is spec’d and priced as a premium rifle. Duds should be very few and far between.

I agree with you and BSA on CA supposed to be a premium rifle and should perform as such. The one I just purchased is slightly used and is a proven shooter. I only know 1 person (personally) that owns one (ridgeline) in 308 and he loves it. I have read a few negatives online about some of the CA rifles but nothing enough to make me swear them off forever. I currently own 4 Tikkas and they are all shooters. I have been waiting for a few years now for Tikka to produce the 6.5PRC in their T3X super lite but that does not seem to be happening. If they did, I would own one. Several years ago I did get a Tikka in 300wsm that didn't shoot up to what I consider Tikka's norm. Not terrible though.

I wanted something different and had been eyeing the Ridgeline rifles for a few years now and finally pulled the trigger on one. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.