I have some limited experience with 25-06. IIRC I have had 4 rifles in that chambering, three remington 700s and one custom barreled model 70 (pushfeed). Two rifles shot well (one very well), the other 700 was mediocre (with limited testing somewhere over 1" 3 shot groups) and the custom barreled model 70 was a big disappointment. I was never able to get it shooting even decent groups with several 100-117 grain bullets and a few different powders. It was a 1-10 twist but was a solid 2" or worse gun. On that rifle I believe the issue was the smithing done on it. Tore apart a perfectly good model 70 winlite fwt 30-06 to make up that rifle, one of my bigger rifle tinkering mistakes!
In general I found that 100 grain bullets typically shot somewhat better than heavier stuff, again on a limited # of rifles. Shot a total of one deer with a 100 ballistic tip. A poorly placed shot and one followup to finish it resulted in a lot of ruined meat. I'd not personally use that bullet again on game, either going with a monolithic or at least a heavier premium.
All that being said, I'd have another 25-06 as I think they make a really nice deer rifle for where/what I hunt and recoil is noticeably less than my beloved 270s! Of course there are a lot more good bullets in 6.5 but that is another discussion!