Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by KFWA
like the article says, our automobiles sit 95% of the time but we pay for them 100% of the time. In reality, a small number of cars could serve a very large community.

For those who drive their vehicles 5% of the time, they also last 20 times longer than ride-share vehicles driven 100% of the time. Many in this country value freedom a lot. And there's nothing that says freedom as simply as me being able to get into my own vehicle anytime I want and go wherever I want.

I don't see any reason for ownership to go away. Towing a boat, trailer or camper is going to be a need for some. I'd hate to give up my truck for towing and carrying. Some people will need a car for their own business. But the difference in how long they last is you won't pay for a ride share vehicle, or the insurance on it or the maintenance. That will of course be covered in the fee when you use it, but for some people, that is going to be a much lower cost of ownership. Also, the reasons why you'd want to leave may change as well. Amazon or Wal Mart having drones deliver whatever you want within a few hours of ordering it, your local grocery or restaurant bringing stuff to your home. The need for "going out" may change quite a bit.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/27/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings