Originally Posted by KFWA
I think its a major concern for automobile makers in the future.

why would you want to own a car when there is an autonomous automobile fleet out there, you type in an address on your phone and a car shows up a few minutes later to take you wherever you want to go. It automatically chooses the most efficient route. You can scroll tinder or sports or whatever on your phone and not even pay attention until it gets you to your destination.

like the article says, our automobiles sit 95% of the time but we pay for them 100% of the time. In reality, a small number of cars could serve a very large community.

its a world that is foreign to us now but its coming.
I don't think so.

I want MY car in my garage at any moment I decide to go any where I choose to go.

I do not want to wait 30 minutes or an hour for the next available car to come and get me, make me late for work, or extend my day by making me late to get home.

There is no way in hell a person could hire a car for a twenty or thirty mile commute, five or six days/week cheaper than buying one. Let alone evening trips to the market or hardware store. Should we even discuss taking the boat, atv, or camper to the lake or hunting camp?

I do not pay for my car by the hour while it sits in the garage. It is miles on the road which burns fuel, wears tires, necessitates oil changes, and wears on mechanical components.

Fugg a bunch of commies!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.