Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Because that's their choice. Did you read the part about never losing a package? WTF would I pay for it? If something got lost, I'd make it right, but I'm not giving the shipper anymore money than I have to. The odds are in my favor.

If the buyer feels more comfortable having the package insured, they can pay for it.
If the package is lost due to no fault of the seller, your premise seems to dictate the it's solely a loss on the seller to remedy, period. If you wish to cover it when you are the seller, so be it. Do you expect the same from others?

Just killing time. No big deal.

If you bought a $1000 scope from Doug and it was lost, you'd just say "Oh well".
If a business asks if you want to pay extra for insurance, are they implying you're on your own if something goes awry? It's been a while since I've ordered anything from Camera Land but if I remember correctly, I was asked that. I'm not suggesting Camera Land wouldn't make it right if I hadn't.
I would assume, if seller offered insurance and it was declined by the buyer, then indeed the buyer is on their own. Simple deduction.

One thing is fairly certain, a common carrier doesn't GAF about your one item.
Thanks for completing my thought. That's what I meant...seller offers it at buyer's expense, and buyer denies.