Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by VinceM
I ship many knives ,obviously . On my website it clearly states my terms ,that is ,if you want insurance on your shipment ,ask for it ,and there is an extra cost . I state I will reimburse the funds they pay out,when they pay out . And I state it that way because the USPS is notorious for not paying out.
My take on this is ,I own a knife ,you buy it ,now you own it . I hand it to another outfit to ship it . If they screw up,why am I responsible ? Tell me what big firm assumes the responsibility of another firm's negligence ? Sorry I can't do it . Now with all this said I have a very successful delivery rate.

My only personal experience is with Amazon. They paid, no questions asked. I think maybe Cabela's did as well, but can't remember for sure. My internet search indicates the seller is generally responsible for lost or damaged items.

It is my OPNION that the seller hasn't completed the transaction until it is delivered to the buyer and meets their satisfaction. If I buy a rifle and it has a big gouge in the wood how do I know it happened in transit and that it wasn't there before it was ever boxed up? I find it interesting the differences in perspectives on this.

Caveat Emptor, don't buy anything from someone who you don't trust.

I charge whatever the actual shipping cost is, including insurance. If the buyer doesn't want insurance I'll ask him/her to put that in an emai or PM. If something is damaged during shipping I'll do everything that I can do to help the buyer, but filing an insurance claim may require a hands on inspection of the damaged item and the original packing, so that is only practical if done at the receiving dealer's end.