Hookset: I am over the moon happy with my life!
I have been retired now for 24 1/2 years and live in a low tax, low stress, friendly people populated state (Montana) with absolutely UNLIMITED recreational opportunities right out my back door.
My home has long been paid for my 6 vehicles are all paid for and, like you, my earlier in life frugality is really paying off now.
My health is excellent for my age and other than a Rattlesnake bite, a bout of Kidney Stones and a new artificial knee 3 years ago I have steered clear of the Doctors.
Dittos for never having to deal with a lawyer of any kind, for any reason, for the last 24 1/2 years!
I have four young adult children who all now have productive lives and good jobs all with health care!
I have also been blessed with two VarmintGrandChildren (a boy and a girl) - and my VarmintGrandDaughter is doing really well in college.
I wake up each morning and often, literally, count my blessings - #1 of which is my 50 year relationship/marriage with the VarmintWife.
And on that point I wish to send my condolences to you on the loss of your wife a couple years back.
Life is incredibly good for me - beyond ANY expectations I ever had!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy