Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by deflave
They've been applying the same labels for decades based on the same imagery and symbols. Go [bleep] yourself.

Uhhh, not the same as finding a file that labels Mike Glover a domestic terrorist.

You dumb fugk.

Dipshit, it doesn't label Mike Glover or his group a domestic terrorist. Did you even [bleep] read it? No, you're illiterate.

What it actually says, "Symbols..SOME MVE's may self-identify with: American Contingency: mainstream militia, nationwide; mostly online activity with a low history of violence".

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suite, numbnuts. Words mean things. Glover nor his organization was called a terrorist. It said some MVEs may identify with the group.

I haven't been following this but the image of the document refers to several organizations as militia networks. To me, the key is what the term "militia network" means within the FBI. If they use that as shorthand for domestic terrorists, then it's clear that they've included Glover's organization as alleged domestic terrorists. It's obviously not the same as when the State Department designates a group as a foreign terrorist organization or when the Treasury Department labels someone or something an SDN, as those designations give rise to a host of government action, like sanctions or criminal charges.

If you go back about 20 years, you'll find a document from the FBI labeled "Project Megiddo" (https://permanent.access.gpo.gov/lps3578/www.fbi.gov/library/megiddo/megiddo.pdf), where the FBI started to prepare for domestic unrest in connection with Y2K. The title page states that it is an assessment of domestic terror groups and includes, in its listing of such groups, militias.

So while the FBI didn't explicitly name Glover's organization as a domestic terror group in the image that was posted, it pretty clearly implied the same, based on how it appears to use the term militia network internally.

Would I go to court with this kind of evidence on its own? No, but if I thought that there were internal FBI documents and discussions behind that one image that would show that the use of the "militia network" label is tantamount to designation as a domestic terror organization, I'd definitely go to court to get to discovery and depositions that could confirm the theory and then sue for all sorts of things like defamation, violation of First Amendment rights, etc.

Yes, the same sort of documents have made it public time and time again, which was my original post in this thread. Nobody should be surprised by any of this at this point. Its been going on since the '90s. The real crux of the matter is that if they were to actually call Mike Glover or AC a militia or domestic terror organization, some heads would likely roll as the Federal LE and military have repeatedly hired his company for training.

In the image you posted a link to (https://images.ctfassets.net/syq3sn...79295f5e70a2c5eedd85f91e5/fbi2.jpg?w=800), there are four organizations that are referred to as militia networks that the so-called "MVEs" may self-identify with. Isn't that the FBI calling Glover's organization, which is one of the four identified as militia networks, a militia network, and doesn't the FBI consider militia networks domestic terror organizations? I'm only going off of the Project Megiddo report I linked to, so perhaps they have other labels for Glover's organization, but it sure does look to me like they are engaging in a two step process of labeling the Glover group a domestic terror organizaiton.

From what I've read, there is a distinction of militias and "militia extremists" but they label "terrorists groups" as something altogether different. If you look up on the FBI.gov, the definition of domestic terrorism defined in US code 18 U.S.C. 2331(5):

-involving acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
-Appearing to be intended to:
-Intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
-Influence the policy of government by intimidation or coercion; or
-Affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping;
and
-Occurring primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

There's a difference between a statutory designation and an internal designation. My point is that it looks like for internal purposes, the FBI called Glover's group part of a militia network and has previously defined a militia network as a domestic terror threat. So no, I don't think the FBI did whatever it takes under the statute to designate the group domestic terrorists, but it's pretty clear that they treat the group as such.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.