From the OP's original list, I've done shorts stints working in a couple of those fields, sometimes as a helper type. And I done some of them around the places i've worked and lived as needed or for "recreational" purposes. I'm hoping the Adult Ed people offer the welding class again this coming fall as I didn't learn enough in a partial school year this past winter and spring. I'd like to know more just for personal purposes.

The knowledge I've gained has led me to determine I'd not really like to do any of them on a full time employment basis.

Keeping fish alive and/or growing them is much more to my liking. Research fish work is fun too.Even in near freezing water, with snow falling around you, or walking 4-5 miles up creeks and rivers in hip boots when it's 100F beats the heck out of crawling around in oily dirt changing cylinders on a backhoe, or going under a house to fix a leaky sewer drain pipe.

And electrician? Nope, about the only thing I"m sure about when it comes to electricity is that if you do something wrong it shocks the scheidt out of you. eek

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?