Hello all, looking to get my post count up as well as pick some brains. Last year my wife and I went to Alaska, so naturally, I bought a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag to take along. I stocked up on reloading components to try different loads but ended up not being able to handle the gun comfortably with even some hot factory stuff. It had the small grip but awkward grip frame which wouldn't allow for aftermarket enlarged grips. I traded it in on something else.

Fast forward to now, I'm still reloading other calibers and have all these 44 mag components so I'm looking to add to the collection. I have a 19-3 so I think a 29-2 would fit nicely next to her in the safe, but I'm worried about using her as a shooter due to collectability. I also wouldn't want to loosen it up any given I'd like to shoot the occasional hot load although nothing more than 300 grains. I wouldn't shoot it all that much, 500 rounds per year? I'm averaging about that much with the 19.

I guess I'm rambling now, at the end of the day a Blackhawk with a bisley grip would probably be my best purchase but I feel that 29-2's are going up in value and rather get one before they sky rocket. I'm also playing with the idea of a new model 29 but don't like the Hillary hole. I wouldn't mind a lever action marlin or henry in 44 mag either, is one of these better than the other for experimenting with different handloads but overall not shooting it too often throughout the year? Thanks for your opinions.

-Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun-