I don't think resale value should be a consideration in a purchase .. if it is, you probably should skip the purchase. Get what you need functionally.

If you think that Ruger Single Action popped you, you've got a whole nother surprising realm of uncomfortable coming when you touch off a S&W double action. The hump behind / below the hammer pounds me on the joint at the base of my thumb and bruises me up something fierce in a hurry with anything hotter than midrange .44 specials. On the other hand, I shoot hundreds of rounds in a Ruger single action in a day without any ill effects.

I don't particularly see a need for a Bisley grip frame in a .44 magnum or lighter cartridge. In the .454 and .480 it matters. The big minus to the Bisley for me is it throws the gun's balance off by making it considerably butt heavy. I have a Bisley Hunter in .44 .. it's a good shooter from a rest but it doesn't balance right, doesn't point right, and doesn't thumb-cock as naturally as a 4-5/8" or 5-1/2" super blackhawk, at least not in my hands. Nothing wrong with the accuracy, just awkward handling. For me.

If you want a DA gun I think the advice pointing you at a 5-1/2" barreled Redhawk is pretty good. Among DA guns, it is the most comfortable for me to shoot and that barrel length balances nicely.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...