I had a decent amount of time with her yesterday on an enclosed but open ended range and I only like it more. Ranges like that can really test a person's sight picture because you're dealing with imperfectly placed artificial light and varying degrees of ambient light bleeding in from uprange. The auto feature does seem to make the dot a bit too bright in some circumstances and you get some "bloom", but it didn't affect making hits at all. I could not make the dot disappear regardless of how bright the artificial light was, or pointing it toward sun baking concrete from dark portions of the range.

Suffice to say that at this point I've found no reason to concern myself with the auto feature.

As far as the window size is concerned I'm pleasantly surprised here as well. I've had zero issues finding the dot. Both first shot and splits are on par with my ability. Meaning, this optic doesn't slow me down at all regardless of how close I am to the target. This was a concern to me on an EDC because the vast majority of my reps with an optic have been with the SRO. I was a wee bit scared that an optic as large and forgiving as the SRO would spoil me and that I would struggle with much smaller windows. This seemed to be in my head and not a factor. You can probably attribute that to lots and lots of reps and the fact that the SCS sits as low as it does on a standard MOS.

For those on the fence about optics for your EDC, I'll give you a couple anecdotal's to ponder:

1.) This is four shots, from four different distances. 25, 15, 7, 3. All unsupported. This was a slow fire, check-zero into the head box/A-zone as I was wrapping up.

This is what I walked up to:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2.) Dicken drill went 10 for 10 in 11.21 from concealment, just behind the three o'clock:

Five alpha, five charlie.

I'll take it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house