Originally Posted by deflave
Cheyenne,

The optic does sit exposed on both sides with that setup and the SCS’ sole control button is on the port/left side. It is recessed and while you can use it with the end of your fingernail it is difficult and requires something more akin to a ball point tip in my experience.

It is possible to inadvertently push that button I suppose, but I think I’d get hit by lightning first.

Your observation and question is sound. People need to know the features of their optic when they decide to use it and the ability to use irons throughout the learning curve is important for an EDC.

Thanks, deflave! It is difficult to visualize precisely how a holster will ride on a person just by looking at a gun in a holster.

It sounds like your optic is more foolproof than the 407K/507K series made for Sig P365 series guns. The 407K/507K have "+" and "-" buttons on the left side. Unless the lockout feature is activated by pushing and holding the + button for 5 seconds, pushing the + and - buttons simultaneously turns the optic off. I managed to do that once before using the lockout feature while getting my hands on the optic while manipulating the slide. I am still playing with holsters. There is one that I have that has wings on both sides that protect the left and right sides of the optic and which partially protect the front. (LAG Tactical Ambidextrous Liberator; I know, stupid name.) Sorry for the thread drift.

Thanks again!

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln