Originally Posted by 79S
Proposal 207 was so poorly written, The poor guy out flying his plane not a sheep hunter just flying maybe going to land on a lake somewhere do some fishing like oh I don't know Klutina lake. While approaching the lake spots sheep notices some nice rams. Lands on lake does some fishing for the day or whatever. Takes off heads home, Talking to his bud about this trip his bud goes hey I have a sheep tag for that area but haven't gone in yet because fish and game said the sheep population is low and heard that through the sheep hunter grapevine sheep population is low. The pilot goes no I saw a bunch of sheep today looks like a couple of nice rams. His bud goes that's great news, I better get a transporter lined up or ride a wheeler in. When that proposal was passed their were sheep to hunt. The only reason that proposal was put forth was the typical NR/Guide versus Residents without planes argument.

Sure ok. Nothing you posted above is accurate. There’s a difference between flying a valley and circling sheep.

My favorite testimony against prop 207 was a young guy wider than he was tall saying he was against prop 207 because he doesn’t have time to hunt sheep. He wants to find a ram, land nearby and be back home the next day.