Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
But, the Mashburn is cool.. If you are a reloader, most are, then not a problem. I would guess a guy could barrel up a Mashburn at a reasonable cost. Plus, if it is what I want, what is the problem. The 285 was also cool, but it did not perform as well as the Mashburn. Plus Page used a 22" barrel.

Not a problem? It's still a lot more work to "be cool" while providing nothing that other factory loaded 7mm's already provide (without a belt).

Regardless, my response was to the guy thinking it's a reinvention of the wheel, which it won't be given factory rifles, ammo and brass.

My dear friend Dober, who started the 7mm Mashburn mania here, has had one for many decades. I've shot his. I completely appreciate his sentimentality for it given he had a personal relationship with Bob Hagel. But he's also extremely clear-eyed that it's that relationship that makes the round special to him. Without that he'd likely sooner shoot a big 7 loaded by a factory.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery