Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
While all that may be true - I am achieving 7PRC velocities with 1/2moa accuracy at 400yds using prepped Win brass. And I'm using a nice short custom magnum action to get there. If the 7PRC can measurably out do that performance in a hunting rifle, I'll be the next guy to order one.

The only downside, IMO, to the 7WSM is that virtually no one makes high quality, commercially available brass. I could use 300WSM brass but it's a PITA to form and the Win brass has worked well.

I bought a bunch of a really good lot of 300 wsm Norma brand brass years ago. I found it really easy to form into 7 wsm. Just ran it into the resizer and formed a small shoulder part way down the neck just far enough to where the bolt would close snugly. Load it with a medium load and fire it and out came a perfectly fitted 7 wsm brass. I don't mind a bit of fireforming but I don't consider any brass ready for accuracy work until it's fired once. Even though I always full length size I only bump the shoulder a few thousandths.

I'm not a huge Norma brass fan but the lot of wsm I have from them is spectacular.

Bb