I have a Mark X 308. Wood stock wears a 3-9x40 Bushnell 4200 Elite. Pretty basic set up. I have never hunted with the rifle. It was Dads deer rifle. I sighted it in for him. Shoots 1.5 inch groups. Sort of a heavy barrel. It came to me with a cheap tasco scope and weaver bases and rings. I swapped out for the Elite and some Talley LW rings. I may hunt with it someday. For now its a good piece I remember my Dad by.

I hunted deer last year with a MRC X2 in 7mm08. Wears a Swaro AV 3-10x42. When I bought it I had the factory chop the barrel from 24 to 22. I hunt in AL out of a climber stand and it worked great. One thing I didn't like about it was it a lb and a half heavier than I was happy with.
But this proved to be beneficial in keeping it steady in the stand. I will use this setup again this year.

I also have 700 XCR 2 in 270 win , McMillan edge stock with a Timney trigger. It wears a VX3 3.5-10x40 in Talley LWs. This is my favorite rifle over all.

My old Ruger Tanger in 30-06 with a VX 3 3.5-10x40 sits in the closet. It was my first bolt gun and I hunted everything except birds with it for two decades exclusively. Its had a few scopes on it before the VX3. It had a Bushnell trophy on it for years. Which was a hevk of an upgrade from the cheap tasco it had when I acquired the whole setup for $100.
Still shoots green box Corelok 165s first two touching and the third shot an inch high and to the right.

Last year I bought a Winchester XPR in 350 legend for a hunt in Ohio I go to every year. Wears a XV3i 2.5-8x36 in Talley LWs. This is a very basic setup except it has a detachable mag instead of a trap door.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.