Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I tear up a lot of stuff with an A-2 version of the big one.

I'm pretty sure the one pictured is the one Ricky made for me
I can’t remember who’s? One of you men ask me to remove 3/4 inch from the dumpling or boner. The short boner was born. Thank you to whoever! With either of those knives nothing is better in regards to best one knife tool. With full round 5.5 handle distal taper from both ends @.010.Meeting in the middle @ around .150 the knife will work for you while skinning. All things held in account 20+inch radius hollow grind that tapers from the bur to the spine is a must. As multi thermo cycles w/cryo. The icing on top would be a third temper cycle to relieve stress after the 400 grit grinding cycle. Which allows the tool to be stroped unless you get in hair or bone. All the consumer needs to learn is to skin from the inside out and he’s in business’s for life.
Point of interest
The sheath is as important as the tool. The “best” top grain leather thats been skived to proper thickness and firmness. Which the stitching lays below the surface. Kydex is wonderful stuff but scratches the [bleep] out of everything.

Rick menefee

The thanks go to you, Rick. The Small Boner (we call it the Humping Dumpling from humping it up all those mountain ranges) has exceeded all expectations. Bezoar Ibex, Hybrid Ibex and Anatolian Chamois in Turkey. Alpine and Pyrenees Chamois in France. That's apart form two years of Red Deer culls at home in Scotland. Headed to Spain next year to finish off this Slam thing with 3 more Ibex.

Original thread: Menefee Humping Dumpling Thread

If I ever settle down at home long enough I'm going to spec an order for myself...I want one bad!

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...