Originally Posted by WAM
I can’t go there on .007” bullet diameter! Same with the .257’s and the current crop of .264/6.5mm’s. Make your choice on these bores or just go with all of the above in true loony fashion. I’ve made my choice in several 7mm cartridges. Cheers

My preference is with the 7mm cartridges also. Probably partly due to several gun writers' influence. But as the first article shown in this thread, the diameter of the bullet wasn't so much the issue as the available bullets in the caliber - that's seems to be why the limit on 7mm being the smallest recommended. Today, it seems to me, the construction of bullets isn't as correlated with bullet diameter as it once was. Today you can find decent bullets in smaller calibers than previously available. I know that my search for appropriate bullets in 6mm and 25 caliber was particularly frustrating. Further I let go of my 264 Win Mag, thinking the 7mm RM had a much better selection of bullets.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally