Originally Posted by Teeder
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Brad
I've always liked the 7x57, though my only rifle chambered for it was a Ruger 77 RSI I got sometime around 1990. Lovely little rifle, but not especially accurate. I used it as a deer stand rifle, and it work perfectly for that.

Not to be a spoil sport, but I suppose outside of a Mauser 98 sized action, I never found it fish nor foul. I'd sooner use a 270 in a LA, and a 7-08 (or better yet 308 grin) in a SA. The 7x57 certainly shines in an M98 or similarly sized action though, and of course there's no law against one in a LA, except some unwritten rifle loony code.

I’ve kinda thought a 7x57 in a Kimber LA would be pretty slick for a fella wanting to shooting longer bullets. The 280’s in Kimbers are sorta limited in mag space. Probably not a concern to most but they’re fairly tight with long, pointy bullets. The 7x57 should be about right for that action.

Again, it’s a nitpick as my brother has a 280 SubAlpine 280 Ackley and it does fine for the most part but there isn’t much freedom for longer than SAAMI lengths.

I built a 7x57 on a Montana 84L and it was a perfect fit. Probably should have kept that one! grin

Yaeh, but you've got an 84M MT in 7-08... I prefer the 7-08 over the 7x57, and the 84M over the 84L!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery