There is no doubt rising prices for raw materials is affecting a lot of companies right now, including bullet companies. I have heard that lead is up over 200% and copper is up about the same in the last couple years. No company can absorb that kind of cost without raising their prices or closing the doors. Keeping employees these days also means offering more competitive salaries, benefits, and other allowances, which all cost money.

However, it seems the door has swung a bit too far to the high side . I'm convinced there is an awful lot of price gouging going on these days no matter if it is bullets, powder, or lumber... one of the reasons I started trying the Accubonds was due to the substantially lower price. I wanted to try the Ballistic Tip hunting but I just couldn't convince myself to use them on elk. Once I started looking at the Accubonds and found they were a bonded bullet (duhh), I tried them and the accuracy I always look for first was there and the BC was up to a decent standard so I bought several boxes in different calibers.

The other reason I stick with Nosler is that I have had a couple failures with Hornady Spire Point bullets- not the interlock, which I have had pretty fair success with. The Accubonds have recently taken a jump in price also, but I have enough to last me a while and I hope this pricing contest goes away before I have to buy more...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.