Originally Posted by Pappy348
Could it be they want to price them high to drive customers to factory ammo, either their own or stuff made by others with Nosler bullets? I almost never bought factory CF ammo in the past, but component prices and availability have me snapping up bargain-priced “ready-made”.

Hoo boy, now there's another issue...

Way back when I considered using their "Safari" grade (or however they called it then) ammo on a buff hunt. I bought a box to test and grab MVs. On pressing the trigger the very first round went "click". Looking it over at the shooting bench I couldn't really see if the issue was ammo or firing pin. I then chambered a second round and pressed the trigger and it went "click" too. Damn.

My hunting partner had his H&H at the next bench as well. I took 1 round from the factory ammo he was using and chambered it. It went "bang". Double damn.

Back home with bright lights and with Nosler on the phone it was clear that it was light primer strikes. Eventually it turned out it was a batch of brass with out of spec primer pockets and the primers set too deep. So much for "Safari" grade quality control.

They didn't offer to return my money, but they did offer to send me a hat for my troubles. Haven't used their ammo on anything since.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.