Couldn't agree more with UpThePole for my needs. You need two things for proper terminal performance: adequate bullet impact velocity and adequate target impact resistance. Traditional composite bullets (copper + lead, etc.) are much more forgiving in this regard than monolithic bullets. While I don't have the capability to compare hardness and tensile comparisons with Barnes, Nosler, & Hornady, my personal impression is that Barnes TSX & TTSX bullets are the most "stout" and I would never intentionally shoot any game animals at ranges where impact velocities fell below 1800fps. The heavier the animal the better the performance so if the intended is a smaller deer, I would be cautious at ranges where velocities fall below 200fps. On the other hand since the minimum impact velocity for the LRX line is about 200fps less (1600fps), you may find their LRX 175 gives you more flexibility given the bullet weight range you've chosen.

Last edited by Offshoreman; 08/29/22.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.