I personally would go 168gr in both the 30/06 and 300 Mag. My camp shoots the 168gr out of 30/06 rifles. Through my limited experience but also through experience of friends, don't expect many animals to go straight down after being hit by a TSX unless you breakdown some sort of skeletal structure. Also, if you hit them correctly don't expect them to go more than 50 yards either. A lot of bullets will do that, but this one may do it from more angles than some. I had one experience where I wondered if some sort of fragmentation may have helped down the animal a little quicker - a little better shot placement may have helped as well.

Arizona gave me a coupon for free bullets one year when I drew the Kaibab. They encourage hunters to go lead-free up there so I figured why not? They fly well and work fine. I don't shoot past 1/3 of a mile, so really don't see how this bullet won't continue to work for me. Plus, I have enough on the shelf that economically-speaking I won't be making a change any time soon.