I’m using the 168TSX in my .308’s. Every animal I’ve taken with the 168TSX has been literally a bang-flop with 10 seconds (or less) of death kicks. My experience with this bullet has been fantastic BUT I have yet to shoot an animal further than 25 yards with it so I can’t speak with personal experience as to its long range performance. 😁. I would like to take a “normal” shot for our western hunts but the last 5 or 6 deer I’ve killed have been at distances of 15 feet to 60 feet…weird that I have no trouble getting within knife fight range but since I’d like to take a longer poke I’ll probably continue to be “stuck” shooting them within powder burn range.

Needless to say that catching the bullets has been tough. I caught 1 168TSX on a Sitka Blacktail buck of all animals. He was standing facing me at about 10 yards unsure of what I was when I fired. I tried to slightly angle my shot hoping to not tear open the guts and it worked perfectly. The bullet was recovered under the hide on the rear end of the buck bulging the hide. The bullet took out the heart and lungs and caused the insides to turn to mush. It sent a couple pieces of rib fragments through the hide that looked like an exit wound or 2. The buck’s legs folded and he literally dropped in his tracks. That bullet looked exactly like the picture perfect mushroom for an advertisement which is precisely what all the TSX and TTSX bullets that I’ve seen myself or recovered myself.

I use TSX and TTSX in all my hunting rifles and I have never had a bullet “failure”. The 165 ballistic tip in my .308 shoots identical to the 168TSX. My .338WM and my 35 Whelen are the 2 rifles that are still using cup and core. I’ll be working up some monolithic Barnes loads for those rifles eventually but the way they are shooting with C&C bullets I’m not in a hurry.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~