Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by boatanchor
gotta disagree with Swifty on H335. would never use this powder in a 22-250 as it is the most temp sensitive powder I've ever used and a bit too fast of a burn rate also.

This is my experience as well. A couple years ago a friend came out to Montana to shoot PDs with me. His only rifle was a .22-250, and the loads had been worked up in the Tacoma, Washington area, where they caused not problems.

We started shooting on a typical late-June day, which got up to around 85 degrees in the afternoon. Once the barrel on his rifle got warmed up, we had to use a cleaning rod to help get at least 1/3 of the fired cases out of the chamber. Have seen this a number of times over the years with H335, and not just in the .22-250.

I believe seafire warns of this as well and maybe even stick. I don't think seafire will even touch it anymore? Something we should all keep in mind for sure.. I was lucky last month and traded 4 pounds of what I had. Got a couple pounds of H4831, Big Game, and a box of 7mm 162 ELDX bullets. I thought that was a great trade because I only paid $26/pound and have slowed way down on using H335 because it is known to be erratic in nature..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA