If you didn't like the ultravids you'll like the tract even less image quality wise, add 12.5x vs 10 and the image is just bigger and fuzzy, comparative. I glassed an antelope buck at 4 miles with the Leica, I knew exactly where he was at by a trick tank and ON X hunt line measured, watched a red truck on the other side another half mile drive slowly through and they never saw him.

Anyway, 12s are a tweener and until Swaro came out with the EL and Pure, not a consideration with serious glassers. Now manufacturers all market a 12x based on the Swaros innovation and success but these don't really do anything more than the 12s ever did in the lower end market. Look at the vortex 12x razors, everyone had to have them at half the price of the Swaros... then everyone I know that bought them sold them.

Big eyes started right here with us old coues hunters and is still ground zero on technique and equipment testing, it's a lot more and even can be less than 15x binos, or binos themselves.

Most manufacturers can't get a 12x with a 50 or 42 objective to work like Swaro can. 10x they can do better... same with a 32 objective, 10x isn't really good but 8x is.

Since you asked for advise here is the best you will receive... at 800 bucks forget the 12x and go with the best 10x with an objective 50 or bigger, not 42, and you will glass more animals.

Kent