A lot of ground to cover, I'll just say a quick note on this... yes for swaro and a big no for celestron and diamondbacks... a no for vipers also though not listed.

12s... just to be clear the swaros have changed the bigeye world, first ELs and then Pures. If I was younger and not 65, with just a few years left I can really get out and utilize bigeyes, I'd buy the NL Pures and never look back. But my 15s tripoded with a good 10 or 8 is still fine and how I'll end likely.

The lowest end 12s I'd consider for my primary glass would be the Razors, I've seen them used for 750/800 bucks and the only way I'd buy them. GPO, Meopta, Zeiss conquests are at the low end of acceptability. All more than 800, though they may be around 1000 when Doug has demos or if he has demos. I don't buy binos often and not at retail, I've bought 3 demos from Doug at real bargains, mid 2000s a minox 10x52HD, good glass, I broke my leg on an elk hunt in 2009 and in the fall broke the binos also. Also Pentax 8x32 DCF SP, another sleeper that works, will be using them on an archery elk hunt in a couple days. Both of those are long discontinued. The Leica 10x50s I got from Doug as demos a few years ago for 1399 or 1499, HDs not HD plus, as much to finally replace my broken minox as it was a very good value.

So I am a user of midrange binos, you have to be selective and smart on power/objective to make money stretch vs performance.

I also bought the Tract as a demo from Tract, good price, and with two grandkids coming up I needed one more bino to put on a tripod for the range and scouting/hunting, so I had a reason for that specific one, fits kids, don't care what happens to it.

10X, most today are 42s, so that limits the choices in the mid range for 50s. 800 bucks used to buy some bottom of the highend scale, now it's 1000 to 1200 depending on sales, plus many are out of stock. Truthfully it is a bad time to buy shooting supplies and accessories. Like 12s are tweeners, 800 bucks is also, it puts you above most low end binos and can't quite reach the ones that you should, only a few in that range.

I have no idea about the Leupold BX4 10x50, just it's in your price range retail. The Tract would probably be my choice, logically it'd be sharper image in 10s over the 12.5, without giving up enough magnification to matter. I would make that choice now if I had it to do over and could get either one at demo price. I know the price is almost the same for the 10s, but the performance will be better and if just carrying one bino more practical... outdoorsman stud and adapter for easy on and off a tripod. I just don't see what animals you will miss with the 10s you would find with the 12s... again we aren't talking the alpha 12s... 800 dollar 12s.

I literally have glassed up a black eyeball of a coues buck laid in high yellow grass at 250yds with 15s... deer... no deer... deer... not a deer... is that antlers sticking out or my imagination of a bush's branches... no deer... oops he stood up and licked his hind leg... BOOM... wasn't a monster but last day of pack in trip and I was shooting any buck with three points and eyeguards.

Hunting in Colorado in the eighties I found that regular binos worked fine finding elk, but needed a spotter sometimes to judge if there were any legal bulls, 4pt or 6" front tine, before going on a 3hr stalk up a mountain.

Kent