Could be meniscus. I've had 5 knee surgeries. An mri should puck it up. If it is I'd recommend surgery. Last one I had a bone spure sheared off and tore the crap out of my meniscus.

My friend did my anesthesia and said he was hassling the surgeon for taking so long and the surgeon just kept saying how the hell did this guy walk into the hospital on this. I had 6 major tears and more minor ones. He cleaned them up and i walked out a few hours later with no crutches feeling like a new man.

When ot first went I was remodeling a rental we had just bought and my wife was telling me I couldn't have surgery until the remodeling was done. I went through 2 months of incredibly painfull hell when surgery fixed me almost overnight. Turns out the bone spur the size of a penny that broke off and caused all the damage was part of an undiagnosed at that time autoimmune disease called ankylosing spondylitis. Finally after knee surgery, back surgery for caude equina, and heel surgery for huge spurs they figured out there was something extra going on.

B