Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
All day, every day...................tried & true, best for the money, especially with a lighter trigger spring.

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

I like a two stage......

I guess everybody has different likes, for me I wouldn't have an AR with a 2 stage trigger. my favorite is a JP but for less money these work very well
Davidson Trigger

Do you know who makes that trigger? Might be worth a try & I like that it has screws to take up the fitting slack in the lower & comes with anti-walk pins.

I like single stage triggers as well as good 2-stage triggers..............just depends on the need & intent for what they are going into.

The OP asked for a good trigger at a good price & the Larue more than fills that niche & most people looking for cheap(er) triggers are usually beginners & for them, 2-stage is a better choice, IMO, than light single stage.

Most single stage triggers that are cheap, don't hold up well to use over time as they all pretty much develop too much creep to suit me.

The very best single stage triggers, IMO, are the Elftmann Match.

Not only do they not creep, but they also have a half cock notch (similar to a 1911) that I like for safety, on a very light trigger................but they are not cheap nor for beginners.

MM
I would like to try a Elftman, wish they made a 2S. I have gravitated towards 2 stage triggers, especially on AR. I didn't think I would as my bolt guns were single stage and couldn't see the use for a 2 stage, bought several Rise SS, and slowly moving over too 2S, more predictable and more control. IMO.
And appreciate we have choices

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii