Originally Posted by Sheister
This is a timely thread for me. I'm pretty new at ARs- just finished building my 2nd 80 and it came out great, but the trigger is absolutely awful on it. I feel like I'm going to get a cramp trying to pull it while holding on target... wink Even with the crap trigger it still shoots very well- much better than I expected...

My first AR has a fair trigger, but not great by any means but it will probably get replaced soon also. Having two similar rifles with different triggers would probably drive me nuts....

Looks like there are quite a few decent choices in the under $100 range so my wife won't feel like I'm spending the grand kids' inheritance... wink

Bob

Bob. AR's are pretty cool. I'm always surprised with how well they shoot too. Like I said in an earlier post, I usually run RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers. Here's one I've been playing around with a little bit recently. Got the barrel from one of our club members. I'm just running loads I developed in different rifles, but it does alright. Here's a 100 yard group:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here are some groups fired at 400 yards. Actually the first group fired at 400 yards with the new barrel:

So yesterday when I was shooting, I was thinking about this thread and was thinking to myself that a good trigger really helps at shooting extended ranges. However, I would rather focus more on the target and form and other things, rather than worry about the trigger:

It was a little windier yesterday than the first time I took that new barrel out, but it shows some great promise. A good trigger is really something you shouldn't be thinking about when shooting your rifle. It either works great without much thought, or it's damn annoying and eventually gets replaced. You'll know when you have a chidt trigger. Just how I see it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA