Originally Posted by saddlesore
A roast is a roast.Thaw in a refrigerator. Put it in big pot with a little EVO. 2-3 cups of beef broth, a pack of brown gravy mix, salt, Greek seasoning, garlic,a little rosemary , few bay leaves. Put it in the oven, covered, at 325 for a few hours, add chopped celery, potatoes, carrots, onions about a hour before it is done. I cook all roast to 165 degrees

If you believe that's the ONLY way to cook a big game roast, and there's no difference between various cuts of roasts, well then if you ONLY like them that way then why not?

I also know people who have ONE "favorite" recipe for any cut of big game, and claim everybody they know has raved about it. Also know people who turn all of every big game animal into burger, sausage or jerky.

But there are far more ways to make it tasty--and as stated above, that starts by understanding that wild game is not a "standard product," like 99% of commercial meat.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck