After the initial dinner with the roast, I use the remainder sliced for sandwich meat. Before anything is labeled roast what even resembles steak meat, it gets cut into steaks.

Usually the roast on my elk come off the very top of the hind quarter where it was cut away from the pelvis when using the no gut method. That is until I get down to where the muscle can be cut into steaks.

I have some of those string type mesh bags that the meat goes into , maybe 2# each. That is easier than trying to wrap and tie together with cotton string.This pretty much precludes slicing the roast and stuffing it with anything though.

I am not a, moose expert nor a renowned chef. I have only killed one and it was an old cow. The game warden that checked it said it was at 7 years old, probably 10 or more. Aged 3 weeks in a cooler and it was still tough even in the crock pot. Pressure cooker tenderized it some but not much. It ended up all being ground,. I swear, even the ground burger was tough. Probably didn't help that it was pretty warm out, no placed to hang it, no shade and the meat went on ice right away.RFW hunt and I was not permitted to stay on the ranch over night.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles