Killer Bee;
Good evening once more sir, thanks for the reply and further photos.

Since I grew up eating Saskatchewan moose, there's fewer things I enjoy eating than a nice meal of moose, even though I've personally only taken a single Okanagan bull.

Some folks call our locals Shiras and some call them Canada moose, so depending on whom you're asking or arguing with, they might be either one, I'm not a moose biologist so can't say.

On the subject of continuing to use older rifles, I'm in total agreement and my main hunting partner who is our eldest daughter is cut from that cloth as well.

Her hunting rifle was a surplus Swede I cobbled together as a lighter recoiling hunting rifle for my father in about '85 if memory serves. He gave it back to me before he died in 2003, saying he hoped that one of the grandkids would be able to use it. Sure enough when our daughters started hunting when they were each 11 and 10 respectively, the eldest spotted the full wood Stutzen stocked rifle in the back of the safe and it was hers from then on.

It'll be 120 years old next year I believe.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the kind invitation, I appreciate it. If you're ever wandering down Highway 97 through the sometimes sunny south Okanagan, drop me a PM and I'll buy you a coffee or if they're open get some of Tickleberries "World Famous Icecream" for you. It's pretty good ice cream if one like that sort of thing.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"