Hi Dwayne,
Thanks much. The family is well, busy with life and what not but at least mostly positive things for a change.
My son is quite excited, the hunt is only 45 mins from here. I have been scouting but of course with Antelope, they keep moving.
There are some around though. Thanks for the good wishes.
One of my other boys drew a bull elk tag, also on the Prairie. He is hauling pipe into the same zone so is working/scouting LOL. I'll help him if I get the chance.
I set him up with a rancher friend who has let me hunt deer for years but has a section of land that holds good elk populations too.
My current employer turned down my vacation request for 2 weeks around Thanksgiving week to hunt so I'm stuck with 4 days to hunt the Foothills with my good friend.
Shortage of personnel to fill my spot. It will be interesting to see how they deal with some medical time I require for shoulder surgery. Meanwhile, I'll just target grouse but will have a bear tag and my 300 Win mag along, just in case you see.
Here in SE Alberta, we have tons of geese in particular I'll be focusing on. My writing gig is expanding to working on some serious firearm projects. This particular shotgun is built for geese, perfect so far. Fun way to make some extra money.
Have a great Fall,
Jeff