troutfly;
Good evening Jeff, I hope the weekend was a good one for you and your fine family.

Thanks for the reply and comments, I appreciate it.

We were out this morning looking for black bear, any whitetail buck, 6 point elk or 4 point mulie all of which are open and we're packing tags.

I've been in the process of working on an '06 with a Stutzen stock for her for more years than I care to admit to Jeff, but honestly since the '06 barrel is one that used to be on my walking around rifle, which after I watched her Swede smack enough stuff was also rebarreled to a Swede.. well she doesn't really need an '06 is my poorly made point is all.

We did manage to see some new territory this morning - fresh cut blocks they'd put in - but nothing legal presented itself so we had to be contented with a nice visit and some $10 views, which meant the morning was a wonderful success.

I hope you and your son have a grand time in the upcoming hunts. Good luck on the hunts and even more so on the time together.

Despite our wettest, coolest spring that we can recall in being here 38 years, we're seeing good numbers of grouse - Blues finally again as well as Ruffers and Spruce, California Quail and doves. We're seeing lots of Collared Doves here which are invasive, slightly bigger than the Mourning Doves and have a less than soothing call.

I'm not sure about waterfowl hunting this year and likely we'll not do any since my waterfowling partner got a super tough to get any ram draw for the California's on the mountain behind the house. He moved up the valley a few hours but grew up here, so a few of us locals put in a bit of an effort with him and last weekend we helped him pack a nice heavy broomed ram down. It was a grand hunt for me in many ways because 31 years and 2 days before he killed that ram, I'd killed one within less than a kilometer from the same spot, so lots and lots of memories for me being able to get up there again.

All the best to you and your family again my friend and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"