Originally Posted by troutfly
Originally Posted by KillerBee
That is SUCH A BEAUTIFUL STORY and BEAUTIFUL RIFLE! I'll bet you miss your father, just like I do :o)

I have a saying about moose: If I were on death row and when it came to my final meal and I was asked what I would like, this is what I would ask for:

A rare Moose burger with old cheddar cheese, sweet onion, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, hot peppers, horse radish, mustard and relish, with Extra-Large Side of Onion Rings and a Chocolate Milkshake. I am a simple man.

Isn't funny how people want to nitpick about most everything these days, especially people with the highest post counts. You should see some of the Cranker Moose we have here around Edmonton.

Bwana, you are one cool dude as well as an absolute gentleman! My pleasure to have met you.

Cheers ~
KB< Welcome to the "Fire.
That is one beautiful rifle! I have never heard of the "smith who built but just wanted to chime in on it's beauty.
Great pics of your hunting trip as well. I live a few hours SE of you in Redcliff.
Dwayne is one heck of a great guy from what I can tell having only "met" him here over the years in discussions. Hope to meet him some day.
Jeff aka troutfly.

Hi Jeff,

First off thank you for your warm reception to the fire, greatly appreciated :o)

I like your handle, I spent my childhood in part fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon in the Gaspé area in Quebec in gin clear rivers, what fun that was especially when you got to watch a big salmon attack your dry fly (we used Wolf Pattern Bombers) then take it downstream with your reel abuzzing! The only fresh water fish that I have seen to that is Sturgeon on the North Saskatchewan River, that is a BLAST too. My biggest one to date was, 54 lbs

I live in Edmonton, I noticed that there was a Museum in Redcliff, what is in your museum? I took my better half to Drumheller a few months ago to the Royal Tyrrell Museum, what a Museum, 2nd time I have been there and it never gets old! The critters that were walking this planet 250 million years ago are fascinating!

The last time I was in your general area I was in Brooks on a goose hunt, fun, fun, fun!

Do you ever make it up to Edmonton?

Cheers ~ Darren

KB