Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by hookeye
If its a B model EGW makes a pic rail that extends a bit over receiver.

The rail aint pretty though.

Yeah, why is it the most efficient gadgets of that nature are also the least pleasing aesthetically?

For its stated use, a low x variable straight tube scope or something like an M8 4x or 6x, or generic 2-7x would be fine and dandy IMO. That approach might suffer a bit if it gets pressed into service as a longer-range tool, or not. I think a lot of guys overthink this stuff and prep for the 1% applications when prepping for the 99% applications is more important. Nothing more ludicrous, IMO, than a huge state of the art optic perched on top of a classic trim rifle.

that can depend on your ability ,loading ability and where you hunt ,i hunt out west and in my home state for larger buck deer so i need power to see what size horns and need a rifle like my Ruger #1 custom to shoot max loads because i may only need one shot, Ruger #1`s are one of the strongest actions made that`s why i have used this action for now over 20 some years. if you wanna dress in style and have a rifle that looks good with a small scope go for it. i may have some very nice new Ruger #1`s that are some of the nicer #1`s ever made by Ruger but those are safe queens still in their boxes. but i have a few Ruger #1`s that are my kill`n machines that can shoot a long ways out too with Nightforce scopes mounted on them and a bi-pod . i don`t need a classic look on my hunting Ruger #1 rifle i need my tags filled with a nice set of horns on the animal . being a redneck country boy aesthetics pleasing don`t mean much to us like it does for city folk when we go hunting.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman