B123's comments about the novices made me think of an incident that happened a few years ago. I was working on Dauphin Island, Al. and there was a hurricane way down below the Yucatan in the Caribbean Sea.... a long ways off. We had this fellow from up nawth, that .... well he was a good fellow and he meant well, but he didn't know schit, that got all bent out of shape over the storm. He came in one morning and said we needed to stock up on supplies and make emergency evac plans, etc., because we were fixing to get hit, just any time, by the hurricane. We just looked at him and rolled our eyes.

Next morning the same song and dance, only worse. Well, that night the Chicago area had some bad weather, thunder storms and a tornado or two in the area. Fellow comes in the next morning with doom and gloom predictions about what's gonna happen to us if we dont get prepared immediately.

I asked him if he was afraid of the storms and tornadoes that hit Chicago and he said, 'No, that's a long ways off'. Then I reminded him that it was twice as far to the hurricane, as it was to Chicago. Never heard anything again about the storm.

IIRC, it never amounted to much and ran into Mexico.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21