Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
That’s one way to make sure your house is completely replaced instead of months of arguing with the insurance company about what is flood damage and what is wind damage. What will be fixed by insurance. Now that house is a straight fire claim and it burned to the slab. I’m sure the insurance company will still argue and delay.
My thoughts too.

Especially if you don't have flood insurance but ya got fire insurance and the bridge happens to out and the fire department ain't coming..
Most here reading this have no idea of the trouble homeowners insurance is here in Florida and how expensive it can be. Or how insurance companies use flood insurance vs windstorm insurance arguments to delay or not pay for damage.
Do t think it’s just FL.

My sister (as mom’s rep) had to deal with the same thing after Sandy.

I worked Sandy, on Long Island, and what the people did not realize is, water that hits the ground and then comes in the structure is not covered by homeowners insurance. I saw lots of flooded basements because the foundation leaked and/or they had basement windows at or below ground level that leaked or was broken by debris. The good thing was, Sandy was not a hurricane when it hit land, thus they didn't have to pay the hurricane deductible. The people up there have no idea what a real hurricane is.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21