Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I gotta say, I miss what I had with Carol. We were both young, and madly in love for each other. Marrying her was the reason I joined the Army, and as a soldier, I wasn’t the best of husbands.
I got out after 4 years, and we returned home to where we’d grown up. For nearly 20 years things were great. I matured, got over the hell raising, and as Ben got older I became a pretty good father, a much better husband, and a pretty good provider.
But I guess as I matured, so did she, in a different direction. She handed me the ring and moved out.
A few months later, I took her out for Mother’s Day, and after an hour or so, I realized that this wasn’t the girl I’d married, and I really didn’t enjoy her company.
For about a year and a half, I didn’t give a crap if I woke up in the morning or not.
I ain’t trying to be a downer. It really don’t take much to make me happy.
Squirrel come in a couple weeks ago, and I got a stainless Ruger American in .22LR that’ll put 5 shots into a nickel at 35 yards! (I kid you not) grin
I also have a little honey hole full of Fox Squirrels and Grays, and just me and Ben and Penny knows where it’s at!
Once we get a frost and the leaves come down, me and that Ruger’s gonna do some hunting! I hope to hell I can convince Penny to go along.
7mm

I won’t say much, but when you make it your job in life to take care of “them”, and then your world is torn in two, it is extraordinary difficult to know what to do with yourself…..year and a half in and I still don’t have it figured out. The strangest mix of anger, hate, sad, lonely and still freedom and the opportunity to make something new on a blank slate.

Last edited by Slope77; 09/26/22.