Originally Posted by LEADMINER
Strange times we are living in...can you imagine even five years ago, a discussion of Iowa deer guns with 375 H&H in discussion? smile
Originally Posted by horse1
That it's even a discussion point is really crystal-clear proof of how ignorant the lawmakers and regulators are.

Not a slight against the OP at all. Were I in his shoes, I'd be toting my Kimber Talkeetna .375 H&H this fall.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
...but the fact that this is being discussed as an option for whitetails in Iowa is beyond ludicrous in light of the fact that a farmer can’t use his own, old 30/30 in his river bottom. I’ve carried and used both 375’s; chosen and used in factory form they are completely out of proportion for deer.

Certainly, nothing meant against the poster or his question.
No offense taken, nor slights inferred. I fully understand that a 6.5 PRC or 7mm Rem Mag would do this job with a whole lot less fuss & recoil, but we're playing with the deck we're dealt at this point. I sold off a perfectly decent pair of 6.5 Grendels a couple of years ago just because there's no legal reason to run them here.

That said, I'm glad for the expanded options & opportunities. Here's hoping that a few years from now we can move the boundary a little further toward sanity.