Decided to do a little "in the field" bullet testing with the 150 Interlock out of my 270 win over the past 4 days. Handloads are a blistering 2800 fps out of my Tikka superlite grin. I was using a 3-10 SHV with the MOAR reticle.

First test: Cow elk at 250 yards. Slightly quartering away, hit her on the last rib angled forward. Caught the front of a very full paunch, liver, and lung. She ran about 50 yards, stood for a minute and fell over. Found the bullet in the rib cage against the offside still in the chest cavity. Bullet weighed 101.8 grains or 68% weight retention.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Second test was on a bedded buck at 238 yards. Broke both shoulders and found the bullet under the hide on the offside. The deer never got out of his bed. Bullet weighed 84.6 grains or 56% weight retention.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Over the past 25 years or so I have shot primarily accubonds and partitions for almost all my big game hunting. But with the current component shortage, Hornady seems to be the one manufacturer that is able to keep some bullets on the shelf. I would have no issue using the standard Interlock under 2900-3000 fps. I'm a fan.

Andy